Want to be the best? Hire the guy leaving you in the dust.
Many of us want to be the best. We work hard, play hard, and do all that we can to perform. And yet, there will be times where someone is ahead of us. Watching someone blow you out the water can be a huge morale killer. Unless you shift your perspective.
Odds are, if you’re putting in the work and maximizing your potential, they’re beating you because they’ve got a secret weapon. It could be a special routine that helps the eek out their upper limits, perhaps it’s a mindset shift, or something completely unconventional.
When Eric Hinman, my guest for this episode, found himself in the same situation (while competing in local triathlons) he realized he had to make a choice:
Does he let this other guy get to his head and kill his confidence? Or does he make his adversary an ally?
Eric chose to hire him as a coach. His coach showed him new training methods that helped to slow down Eric’s heart rate to perform better in his races. Sometimes all it takes is a little out of the box thinking to succeed in life’s challenges.
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- Seeking fulfillment. (1:28)
- Lessons on high physical performance. (11:48)
- The keys to profitably business mentorship. (19:55)
- What Eric is looking for in life and partnership. (31:41)
- A typical day in the life of Eric Hinman. (40:36)
- How volume affects performance recovery. (47:47)
- Nutritional structure vs decision fatigue. (56:27)
Listen to the episode
Watch the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.