We have to do more.
I’m not quite sure where to begin. I see my friends and the people in my networking talking about Black Lives Matter, the protests, all of it. I want to affirm that I’m all for justice and the fair treatment of the Black community. I have this platform, but I’m not quite sure what to say. The truth is, I’m not well-versed or even well-educated about this issue… and I want to be.
This is the episode where I ask questions and try to process through what’s been happening. Though, I’m not doing it alone. I have my friends Rashaan and Andre here to help explain the Black experience in America, to shed light on the issues at hand, and where we can go as a nation from here.
I’m thankful to have my brothers here to help me work through what’s been going on surrounding the murder of George Floyd. It’s a somber time in this country, and I hope that wherever you are that you’re safe and doing what you can to help heal the pain.
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- Is there progress being made? (4:50)
- What is really going on with racism in our country today? (14:25)
- How can we progress without succumbing to anger & rage? (26:35)
- Rationalizing away racism (37:40)
- Forms of privilege (49:53)
- Asking for help vs taking responsibility for your own education (1:00:15)
- Being open minded rather than defensive (1:07:00)
Listen to the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.