Are you actually “good” or “fine”?
When we’re always going for the glass half-full approach, it turns out it’s difficult to have the opportunity to experience true feelings.
Do the things that are uncomfortable. Put yourself out there! “Social standards” cannot become an excuse to never be yourself. To be vulnerable is to be real, and you can do that while avoiding burdening someone with your baggage. For some reason, we’ve gotten into our heads that expressing what’s going on in our hearts is baggage.
It’s important to acknowledge how you’re actually feeling, and vocalize it to others NOT to bring them down, rather to help them also be authentic. Having the courage to do that gives them permission to be themselves… perhaps for the first time in a while.
Get out of your normal habits, leave behind the robotic notions of what’s an acceptable feeling, and brighten someone’s world. Let’s talk about it in this episode!
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- I’m feeling “F.I.N.E.”. (0:35)
- Have the courage to open up. (4:56)
- Glass as half full or half empty? (5:44)
- The purpose behind emotional release. (8:55)
- What comes back when you put out raw, real emotion. (11:30)
- If you normally go left, choose to go right. (14:31)
Listen to the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.