This is my raw and honest story.
In this episode, I open up about an extremely harrowing experience I had while climbing Longs Peak with a buddy before seeing him fall off a cliff and pass away. This is my story, raw, honest, and unsugar-coated about the lessons I learned through experiencing a loss of a dear buddy. If you are sensitive to stories like this, I recommend NOT listening to this episode as I have plenty of other more positive messages on the Johnny King Show. Thank you for all the love and support and I continue to pray for the healing of his family and close friends.
In this episode we talk about…
- A little disclaimer (0:38)
- The back story (1:08)
- Hitting the trailhead at 3:30 am (6:40)
- Tragedy strikes (8:34)
- How our brain wants to make meaning (15:50)
- Leaving a buddy behind (17:50)
- Healing from PTSD (22:55)
- Surrendering the unfairness of life (24:35)