How many times do you get overwhelmed by expectations?
If you’re like a past version of myself, probably pretty often. One of the truths we have to internalize as we grow, is that expectations can get out of hand.
When we set the bar too high for ourselves, we’re setting ourselves up to fail. And if we have way too many lower expectations we simply run out of energy and time to meet them all. Either way, we do have to have expectations to meet… we simply have to pace ourselves and set ourselves up to succeed.
There will always be challenges, and there will certainly be times where we fail spectacularly. However, if you know me well, you know that I believe in failing forward. As long as you’re ready to learn from your mistakes, failure can be used as fuel to keep putting shots up!
We have to remember to keep the hoop in range though 😉 So, if you’ve been struggling with beating yourself up, learn how to dial back your expectations and fail forward in this episode.
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- Don’t start unless you’re positive of success. (1:00)
- Rolling the dice & failing forward. (4:25)
- What am I learning from my shortcomings? (5:07)
- Taking a risk at entrepreneurship. (9:31)
- What would you do if you could not fail? (12:50)
- Envision what life would look like without limitations. (16:19)
Listen to the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.