Move through pain with relationships.
Brother, when we’re faced with trauma it can often feel inescapable. The pain can be so devastating that we do what we can to either forget all about it or overthink it. By doing so it often ends with you feeling more lost, misunderstood, and numb than in the first place.
The truth is that bottling trauma and overthinking aren’t the right approaches to moving forward. Trauma is best dealt with by building new bridges and relationships over shared connections, beliefs, and experiences. The feeling of love, belonging, and companionship goes a long way when healing pain.
In today’s episode of the Becoming Kings Podcast, I sit down with Duey Freeman, a licensed therapist and expert in personal growth and healing. Duey and I share what differentiates addiction versus passion, the key to genuine attachment, and the exact process for healing trauma. Give this episode a listen for insight on emotional healing.
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- The pain that shapes us as men. (0:46)
- Duey’s love for horses & equine therapy. (10:13)
- Our bodies keep the score. (24:01)
- The various parts of healing. (36:43)
- How trauma makes us feel like prey. (50:03)
- Authenticity is the key to creating genuine attachment. (59:49)
- The journey of growth never ends. (1:13:29)
Connect with Duey Freeman
Listen to the episode
Watch the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.