What’s your coping mechanism?
For all reactions, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And when missing something (happiness, love, or connection), there’s an equal reaction elsewhere. Coping mechanisms are often the result of these gaps whether they’re from childhood, relationships, or friendships.
Some of the most common coping mechanisms in America today are binge-eating and drinking. It’s extremely difficult to break free once you’re inside the loop. To escape you’ll need the right tools. Understanding that you have coping mechanisms is the first step to discovering where they come from.
In today’s episode of the Becoming Kings Podcast, I sit down with Chris Magryta to discuss the coping mechanism epidemic, discovering how to break free, and the vitality of understanding where they begin. In addition, Chris shares a simple tip to expand your tool kit and the key to maintaining relationships.
In this episode you’ll learn about…
- The simple solution to happiness. (0:46)
- Adverse childhood events: ACE’s (8:20)
- Lift the veil and continue exploring. (18:42)
- Adding more tools to the toolkit. (28:30)
- Ensuring children are truly listened to. (36:59)
- Finding people who love you for your honesty. (43:38)
Listen to the episode
Enjoy this? Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts.